I’m not a huge soup person, but I am a huge pasta person. So, what better way to become a soup person than by making a pasta soup!
I had a lot of these ingredients already in my fridge and pantry, and combined together they made a delicious soup that’s second best to the real chicken parm. Since we keep getting random days of snow and freezing temperatures, nothing is better on those days than a warm cup of soup and a glass of wine. Whip this up in a big pot and you’re all set for a few cozy days.
- 2-3 cups of your choice of pasta (I used whole wheat)
- 3 cups of organic chicken stock
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta per directions on the box
- Let olive oil, onion and garlic simmer in pot until tender
- Add in chicken stock, tomato paste and seasoning into mixture. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta and chicken
- Let all simmer together on low for 10 minutes
- Serve with parmesan cheese
- Snuggle up on the couch with a blanket and a big bowl!