Chad and I are always looking for quick and easy dinner recipes. We have busy schedules, especially during the week, and the last thing either of us usually wants to do is come home and spend a long time preparing dinner. But, we also try really hard to continually eat as healthy as we can and to make our own food instead of eating out. So, that leaves us searching for ideas on meals that require less than 20 minutes of hands on time to prep.
That being said, we are BIG BBQ fans (See Rudy’s BBQ below). I’m from Texas, so BBQ has always been a staple in my life, and Chad is as big of a carnivore as they come. BBQ isn’t always the quickest meal to prep, but these BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches literally only require 5 minutes of your attention.
When I said this recipe was easy, I absolutely meant it. Two to three ingredients, five minutes actually having to pay attention, and a delicious meal ready in under an hour!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce (We used Dinosaur BBQ)
- Hamburger Buns (We also put the pulled chicken over sweet potatoes or baked potatoes sometimes!)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Put chicken breasts in water once it has come to a boil.
- Turn temp down to medium-high so the pot doesn’t bubble over.
- Let chicken cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Use two forks and shred up the chicken in a bowl.
- Add BBQ sauces to the chicken and mix until all chicken is covered. (Use as much BBQ sauce as you like.)
- Put chicken on a bun or over a potato! Enjoy!
Obviously I roasted up some veggies to have on the side of our sandwiches. Our quick go to veggies are some broccoli or brussel sprouts with some olive oil and salt and pepper, roasted up for 20 minutes. The perfect compliment to a delicious BBQ sandwich!