I think the other day was National Pancake Day, and although I can appreciate a good pancake, I have to say I’m more of a waffle fan. Lucky for me, I got the cutest little waffle maker for Christmas. I’ve whipped up waffles a few times since then, but this weekend I was really craving cinnamon rolls. So, I decided to try and make some cinnamon roll waffles!
It worked! I tried to keep some of the ingredients a little bit healthier, but let’s be honest, sometimes you just need a breakfast with sugar and icing. As cliche as it is, life really is about balance. Sometimes you can eat whole and healthy and clean, but sometimes you’re going to eat sugar and you’re going to eat carbs. And that’s okay. Life is too short not to indulge every now and then!
What’s your favorite breakfast food? Are you a savory or sweet breakfast person? I will say, I normally go for the savory option, but waffles for life.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup confectionary sugar
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together milk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter to mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Mix confectionary sugar and milk in a bowl to create icing.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into mini waffle maker and drizzle 1/2 tsp of icing on top. Close lid.
- Use all of the batter and drizzle remaining icing over top!