During this time of year, it’s a family tradition to get together and do some holiday baking, from cookies to fudge, we usually cover it all. We spend an entire day just baking up some sweet holiday treats and enjoying each others company during the holiday season. There may be a few glasses of wine and some raw cookie dough consumed as well. This year, I went to my mom’s house to whip up some of our favorites. Chocolate covered pretzels, pecan sandies and tassies, peanut butter blossom cookies, puppy chow, toffee, and my personal favorite, haystacks.
If you’ve never had a haystack, you are seriously missing out. Butterscotch and peanut butter with a crunch make for the perfect sweet treat, and they only require three ingredients! If you’re planning on doing some holiday baking this year, do yourself a favor and add this easy treat to your list!
- 1 bag of butterscotch chips (12oz)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 bags Chow Mien Noodles
- Melt butterscotch and peanut butter in a pot suspended over boiling water on the stove.
- Once completely melted, add in the first bag of chow mien noodles. Completely coat the noodles in the butterscotch and peanut butter mixture.
- Cover a cookie sheet in wax paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop stacks of the mixture onto the wax paper, forming little stacks of noodles.
- Once you get through half of the mixture, add in the half bag of remaining chow mien noodles and mix into remaining mixture.
- Create haystacks with the remaining mixture.
- Let haystacks set for 1 hour.
Haystacks will always be my favorite because of how much I love both butterscotch and peanut butter, but we also made tons of other amazing treats. Nothing beats a day in the kitchen, listening to Christmas music, baking tasty treats to share with your family and friends! What’s your favorite holiday baked good?