Chad’s favorite food is chicken. I really like chicken, but I can’t just eat chicken and broccoli every night for dinner and not get bored. So, I am always looking for new healthy recipes to spice up a simple chicken breast and make it a little more exciting.
Last night I made parmesan crusted chicken with whole wheat bread crumbs. It was super tasty, but my favorite part was that the entire dinner was made in one pan. Chicken and asparagus all seasoned and crisped up with only one dish to clean after I was done licking my plate clean. (Although I made some pasta on the side for Chad which required a second dish). Sometimes when the weeks are pure madness and you haven’t spent any time together, the last thing you want to do is spend all your time in the kitchen in the evening. So, if you’re having one of those weeks, I definitely recommend throwing this dish together!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Let 1 tbs of olive oil heat up in skillet on medium heat
- Cut chicken breasts in half
- Use 1 tbs of olive oil to lightly cover chicken
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl
- Coat all sides of the chicken breast in the bread crumb mixture (you can dip in milk first if you want, but I only like a light crumb coating on my chicken)
- Add chicken to skillet and let cook until golden brown on each side
- Add in chopped asparagus and continue to let total pan cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through – usually takes about 25 minutes
It’s so simple, but really so good! Definitely a nice change from your plain Jane grilled or oven baked chicken!
For more easy dinner ideas, try out my healthy Mexican pizzas!