I went to Seattle for work, but extended the trip so I could actually explore the city that I have been wanting to see for so long! Chad luckily got to come with me, so we had two whole days to explore, wander around, see the views and soak it all in.
There were more than enough activities to fill our days, but here are some of my favorite things.
What to see in Seattle:
- Pike’s Place Market (duh.) – My grocery shopping will never be the same. The amount of fresh produce was stunning. Chad tasted a peach and couldn’t stop talking about it for the next 24 hours.
- The Great Gum Wall – When you get past the gross factor of that much chewed gum, it’s pretty awesome to think how many people have stood in that exact spot, all contributing to the same thing. Even if that thing is just a wall full of chewed gum.
- The Very First Starbucks – It’s a bit of a cliche, but it’s worth seeing. Merely for the fact that while you’re there you realize that someone just opened a coffee shop. They opened a coffee shop that now has managed to be a household name across the world. It’s pretty cool to see where that all started.
- A view of the city – I got a few amazing views of the Seattle skyline from afar, and between the buildings, the space needle, and Mt Rainer, it was one of my favorite cityscapes. We went on a sailboat, road the ferris wheel, and went to Kerry Park for our views. I recommend any and all of the above.
- Get out on the water – We went whale watching, and although we only saw one whale, it was worth getting to see Seattle and the state from the water. The nature is so beautiful that I could have stayed on a boat all day long, but there was too much else to do. If you have time, definitely hop on your boat of choice.
- Eat good food – The good food is in abundance. So much so that it warrants its’ own blog post, so stay tuned for all of the mouth watering foodie photos.
We could have done so much more if we had more time, but if you ever find yourself in Seattle, these are the things I recommend seeing. If you’re planning a trip, let me know if you have any questions on what to see in Seattle!